Brampton Memorial Centre - Thrapston Road
Skate Park - Brampton Memorial Centre
Brampton Community Centre - High Street
The Lady Olivia Centre - Brampton Park
The Green - PE28 4RG
Brampton Parish Council provides your local services. We strive to make Brampton a better place to live, work and play. Our website includes a wealth of information about how we conduct business and what we do. Use the search or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find the information you require then please contact us.
The Animal and Plant Health Agency of confirmed avian influenza in the wild bird population in Huntingdonshire. This was first confirmed on 10th August and Huntingdon District Council have since sought advice and support from the Director of Public Health, UK Health Security Agency and the Animal & Plant Health Agency. This, unfortunately, means that the bird population in Huntingdonshire is now impacted by this disease. DEFRA have advised the Council that the disease can take 2-3 weeks to pass through a bird population. The risk to public health is very low. More »
Advice (this is headline information only, detail and links are available on our website):
If you have found a dead bird:
- If you find dead wild waterfowl (swans, geese or ducks) or other dead wild birds, such as gulls or birds of prey on HDC or public land, you should report them to the Huntingdonshire District Council Customer Service team on 01480 388640 for safe removal and disposal. Do not touch the bird.
If you have found a sick or injured bird:
- If you are concerned about sick or injured wildfowl in the Huntingdonshire area, you may contact the RSPCA on 0300 1234 999. Do not touch the bird.
If you have found and touched a sick or dead bird:
- Anyone who has been in contact with a sick or dead wild birds or their droppings, should practice good hygiene and follow NHS recommendations and thoroughly wash their hands in soap and water.
- Call a GP or NHS 111 if you experience any symptoms of bird flu and have visited an area affected by bird flu in the past 10 days. Your symptoms can be checked over the phone.
Posted: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 13:36 by JC
A14 Cambridge to Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire: major improvements
We are currently carrying out finishing works for which we need to close lanes or carriageways on the A1, A14 and some local roads at times, usually overnight between 9pm and 6am, unless otherwise stated. A clearly signed diversion route will always be in place for closures.
For this week, the planned closures are:
Saturday 13th More »
• A14 westbound to westbound link Girton junction 31
Vehicles will be diverted to continue west on to the A428 and then northbound on the A1198 at Caxton Gibbet roundabout to re-join the A14 at Godmanchester junction 23. Local traffic wishing to access the A1307 will continue north on the A1198 to join the A1307 » Less
Posted: Fri, 05 Aug 2022 16:39 by Kathryn Hornett
An amendment to the day closure in Huntingdon, this coming Saturday (6th) from 8am until 5pm.
The closure of B1514 Brampton Road has been extended and will also include George Street westbound and the A1307 eastbound between B1514 Brampton Road and Pathfinder Link.
While the closure is in place, there will be no access to George Street from the ring road. Access to the A1307 and Huntingdon railway station east car park will be via the ring road and Pathfinder Link.
Posted: Thu, 04 Aug 2022 10:39 by Kathryn Hornett