Coronavirus (COVID-19) roundup - 5 Nov 20
Catch up on the latest data and analysis related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and its impact on our economy and society.
- An estimated 568,100 people in the community in England had COVID-19 between 17 and 23 October 2020 (1.04% of the community population). Analysis | Data
- The number of deaths involving COVID-19 registered in England and Wales in the week ending 23 October 2020 (Week 43) was 978 (9.1% of all deaths in that week). Analysis | Data
- The percentage of adults in Great Britain that said their well-being was being affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak was 49% between 21 and 25 October 2020. Analysis | Data
- According to the latest Business Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) Survey, 45% of currently trading UK businesses reported that their turnover had decreased below what is normally expected for this time of year. Analysis | Data
- Monthly gross domestic product (GDP) grew by 2.1% in August 2020 but is 9.2% lower than the February 2020 level. Analysis | Data
- The UK unemployment rate for the three months to August 2020 was 4.5%; this is 0.6 percentage points higher than a year earlier and 0.4 percentage points higher than the previous quarter. Analysis | Data
- Retail sales volumes increased by 1.5% in September 2020 compared with August; this is the fifth consecutive month of growth, resulting in an increase of 5.5% when compared with February's pre-pandemic level. Analysis | Data
This page is a summary of insights from our most recent analysis and will be updated as new publications are released.
On this page
- Fewer adults are travelling to work
- Deaths involving COVID-19 increased for the seventh consecutive week
- Hospitality workers see largest fall in pay
- 1 in 10 city region workers are in elementary occupations most affected by COVID-19 restrictions
- Number of COVID-19 infections continues to increase across UK
- Working patterns varied by level of local restrictions
- Crime decreased at height of lockdown
- Characteristics of people testing positive for COVID-19
- User requested data
- Weekly summary (slide pack)
This page was last updated at 09:30 on 5 November 2020.
Posted: Thu, 05 Nov 2020 10:59 by Jon Chitty